Mobile technology has indeed become an integral part of our lives. It is always there to record and share with the rest of the world the best moments of our lives. However, as we depend on mobile technology more, we also rely on our batteries to help us stay connected to the internet at all times. The need of having a reliable source of energy to refill our batteries is also steadily increasing. This is where you will find the Creative Edge Solar 5 Portable Charger helpful.
Creative Edge Solar 5 Portable Charger: Quick Facts
|Price in Amazon||Currently unavailable|
|Power output||1 V|
|Dimensions||5.5 x 0.4 x 3.1 inches|
|Solar Panel Type||Monocrystalline|
|No. of USB Charging Ports||2|
WHAT’S IN THE BOX?
- Solar 5 solar panel charger
- 1 USB cable
- 1 Apple Lightning adapter
- 1 carabiner
The Creative Edge Solar 5 Portable Charger comes with a 1-year limited warranty. The folks at the Creative Edge are very helpful and are willing to replace problematic units or defective USB cords should you ever get one.
If you want your mobile devices’ batteries to be always recharged, the best way to do so is to invest in a reliable portable charger. The Creative Edge Solar 5 is a good option since it works mainly as a power bank. With its 5,000 mAh internal battery, you can always be sure that you will have a good power backup. But as a solar charger, it is not a good option. I will take a good amount of time to charge a 5,000 mAh battery with a meager 1.2 W solar panel!
If you’re looking for the best solar power charger (charging directly from the sun), then we would recommend Anker 21W Solar Charger. If you want a solar charger that has a built-in battery pack to charge your device when the sun’s out, we would recommend Solartab.
Creative Edge Solar 5 Portable Solar Charger
Charging Speed in Ideal Conditions4.0 /10
Charging on Cloudy Skies3.0 /10
Charging Multiple Devices7.0 /10
- This unit is a very compact solar charger, which makes it ideal for daily urban use.
- The built-in 5,000 mAh internal battery compensates for the solar panel’s small surface area.
- You can recharge your battery from 0% to 30% for about 30 minutes.
- Very durable as it can take a few drops without presenting any problems.
- The rubber casing makes the unit shock proof.
- 1.2 Watts solar panel is so tiny compared to solar chargers available today.
- Some concerns with defective units and bad USB charging cord.
- Works more as a power bank than as a solar charger.